Monday, February 12, 2007

Sick.

I have spent most of the weekend just gone lying down, shaking like a shitting dog, and whimpering. I've got the 'flu. Proper 'flu as well, not what is referred to as 'man-flu' by women who don't know what they're on about. I was genuinely worried it might be bird-flu, but I remembered that I've not eaten any turkey, Hungarian or otherwise, since Christmas.
I'm feeling a bit stronger today, but over the weekend I've suffered with coughing, sneezing, every joint in my body aching (I exaggerate slightly, I think one of my vertebrae didn't hurt.) headache, constant running snot, vomiting and diarrhoea. I've not slept well, and neither has my partner, who has had to put up with my constant coughing and violent shiverings whilst sharing a bed with me. She's looked after me, though, bless her. She even got up at four in the morning to make me a hot Beechams. I'm just hoping she doesn't catch my illness, as I don't think I'll be quite as accommodating. She's a much nicer person than I.
Whilst lying on the sofa yesterday, drifting in and out of sleep, I found out that Sunday's TV is crap. Really crap. It's like the schedulers know that people who are watching telly on a Sunday are either ill or hungover so they stick any old shit on knowing the audience are too weak to change the channel. I even watched Top Gear, and surprisingly, it made some serious political commentary about the so-called Land Of The Free.
Anyway, gotta go now, it's Lemsip time.

No comments: