Thursday, May 14, 2009

Vote Septic!


Last weekend I was supposed to be at the Bristol Comic Expo but I never made it. Without going into too much detail, my girlfriend and I got to New Street station nice and early, but I had to get back earlier that night than originally planned, so I wanted to change the return train ticket. We found out that it would've cost seventy-five quid for both of us to get back a couple of hours earlier so we decided not to go, as seventy-five quid is a hell of a lot of money.
It's a shame, as it would've been nice to catch up with my old friends and collaborators, such as Andy Winter. Andy tells me that our book Septic Isle was his biggest seller over the weekend, which is nice to hear.

While we're on the subject of Septic Isle, it's that time of year when the Eagle Awards are looking for nominees. It's abit late this year, the results are normally announced at the Bristol Expo, and as that didn't happen, I thought they weren't going to happen at all this year, but they are, so it'd be nice if all of you went to the site (click on the link, or if that doesn't work, go to http://www.eagleawards.co.uk/) and nominated our book in the 'Favourite Black & White Comicbook - British' section. If you also wanted to nominate me (that's Mick Trimble, in case you'd forgotten!) as Favourite Newcomer Artist, and Andy Winter as favourite writer, then please be my guest.

I don't know if you've noticed, but I've put some subtle hints and dotted them around this post to help you make up your mind as to who to vote for. Hope it helps! Hurry up, though, you've only got until May 22nd (that's my birthday! All cards and prezzies gratefully received!) to get your nominations in. Cheers.

No comments: