Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Auntie's Bloomer.

There's been a lot of moaning lately about the publicly-funded BBC and how much it is paying presenters like Jonathan Ross and Graham Norton. I can't say I'm that bothered, but what does strike me as a total insult is the fact that Auntie Beeb has seen fit to give Steve McClaren a job as a pundit on their coverage of Euro 2008.
This man is the main reason England aren't taking part in the finals, yet the Beeb in its infinite wisdom has decided to give him a fat cheque for giving his opinions to an audience that has no-one to support. A situation that is his fault! I see this as a waste of my licence payer's money, probably more so than giving Graham Norton money for hosting endless shite talent shows.
And while we're at it, the BBC's 'Who Will You Support' ad campaign for the event really annoys me. No Englishman I've ever met would say 'Come on Germany!' And that Scouse kid who is supporting Spain because Fernando Torres is 'elastic' really bugs me.
I'm just bitter, I suppose, because England aren't playing, and that's a shame. Saying that though, from what I've seen of the tournament so far, I reckon we'd have struggled anyway!

No comments: