Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sláine: The Movie?

Continuing the Irish theme (albeit a bit tenuously) from the last post, here's a frankly astounding fan film based on Pat Mills and Simon Bisley's Sláine: The Horned God. It's by a guy named Miguel Mesas, who should be signed up to do it for real. It's a bit odd hearing Ukko the dwarf talking in Spanish, though.
I used to be a big fan of Sláine. Bisley's excellent, but I always preferred Glenn Fabry's stuff. Mike McMahon's take on the character was excellent too, simultaneously stylised and realistic. I stopped reading when Sláine started travelling through time and the art was too CG influenced, though. Anyway, I digress. Watch it and be amazed:

3 comments:

jamie said...

pants have been severely shat in,

Mick said...

You really should see the quack about that.

Anonymous said...

well, I came.